Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 hrs
I don't have any hunters in my family, but my "deer" friend, John, always brings me one every year. I'm unsure of yields. This is our favorite jerky. It's awesome. Unfortunately, it doesn't hang around long. I use to have to get the Sambal Oelek at an oriental market, but I now see it in the Asian section of my local supermarket. I actually use 2 heaping tablespoons. You do it to your taste.
- 453.59 g venison, sliced thin
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml garlic and red chile paste (Sambal Oelek)
- Mix the sugar, soy and garlic chili paste together.
- Marinate the meat in the sauce for a few hours.
- Dry in a low oven or a dehydrator for about 8 hours until the meat cracks when you bend it.