The aroma of the spice mix reminds me a lot of Gardetto's original snack mix... mmmmm! It's combined with crushed cornflakes and it makes extra (unless you want to really want to spice things up and use it all...) to save for seasoning pork chops, etc. And please don't skip the step of making sure the chicken is skinless... otherwise it can get a little greasy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken pieces, your choice,skin removed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed
- 1Combine the spice mix ingredients.
- 2Place the crushed cornflakes cereal in a large plastic zipper bag and add 2/3 of the spice mixture (reserve the rest for seasoning another dish).
- 3Put mayonnaise into a shallow dish, then thoroughly coat chicken pieces with the mayo; then one at a time, put chicken pieces into the cornflakes mixture and again coat thoroughly with that.
- 4Bake chicken on an ungreased shallow baking pan 45 minutes, or until chicken is crisp on the outside and tender inside.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Crisp Oven Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.4
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 134.4 mg
- Sodium 504.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 36.8 g