Recipe by Agnes DiFonzo
This recipe is from a computer software program that I cannot find. I made this for a picnic and it was completely devoured! It's really excellent.
Top Review by Cilantro in Canada
Excellent. I used water in place of the oil. I also used fresh mushrooms and regular cooking onions in place of the green onions. I added the cilantro directly to the mixture and marinated it along with everything else. This was an easy salad to make and tasted wonderful. Thanks for the recipe.
- 2 (609.51 g) can Mexican-style corn or 2 (609.51 g) canregular canned corn, adding chopped green and or 0 red sweet pepper
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 127.57 g can mushrooms, drained
- 118.29 ml green onion, sliced
- 118.29 ml cucumber, peeled and sliced thinly
- 29.58 ml fresh jalapenos, peppers finely chopped
- 78.07 ml oil (I use olive oil)
- 59.14 ml rice vinegar
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 14.79 ml orange rind, grated
- 4.92-9.85 ml cumin seed
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients, blend well.
- In small bowl blend w/whisk oil, vinegar, orange juice, garlic, salt; pour over salad and toss.
- Cover, refrigerate 1-2 hours to blend.
- Just before serving, drain salad.
- Stir in cilantro, orange peel and cumin seed.
- Serve in lettuce lined bowl or plates.
- Note: This is also really good if you do not drain, add the cilantro, orange peel and cumin, and omit the lettuce- just serve from the mixing bowl.