Agnes DiFonzo's Note:
This recipe is from a computer software program that I cannot find. I made this for a picnic and it was completely devoured! It's really excellent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Mexican-style corn or 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans regular canned corn, adding chopped green and or red sweet pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons fresh jalapenos, peppers finely chopped
- 1/3 cup oil (I use olive oil)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients, blend well.
- 2In small bowl blend w/whisk oil, vinegar, orange juice, garlic, salt; pour over salad and toss.
- 3Cover, refrigerate 1-2 hours to blend.
- 4Just before serving, drain salad.
- 5Stir in cilantro, orange peel and cumin seed.
- 6Serve in lettuce lined bowl or plates.
- 7Note: This is also really good if you do not drain, add the cilantro, orange peel and cumin, and omit the lettuce- just serve from the mixing bowl.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Corn and Black Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.0
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 300.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g