I make this quite often. We love it; it has the right amount of spiciness, and you can adjust the spiciness to fit your tastes. We also use this sauce as a dip for spring rolls or egg rolls, or as a sauce for broccoli or other stir fried Asian vegetables.
- Heat soy sauce until reduced by half.
- Turn to low and add molasses.
- Warm briefly and transfer to bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except noodles.
- Add salt to taste.
- Boil noodles about 3 minutes.
- Drain and plunge in ice water.
- Drain and rinse.
- Combine with sauce and chill.