Macadamia-sesame Soba Noodles
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 2 ounces macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 green onion, white and part of green,minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook soba noodles in boiling water according to package directions; 6 minutes is usually about the right amount of time.
- Be careful when they start to boil-- they WILL foam up fast!
- Toast macadamia nuts in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and sesame seeds and saute about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, the vegetable oil, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add the macadamia nuts, green onion and cilantro to the soba noodles.
- Pour sesame sauce over noodles, mix thoroughly, and serve hot, room temperature, or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!