Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
For the serious Mexican food lover...these burritos are full of flavor!!! This recipe is very adaptable to your personal taste, so don't be afraid to change the fillings to your liking. The beef can be made in large batches if you want to have a burrito bar for a dinner party or an office party. ENJOY!!!
- 2 -3 cups cooked beef, shredded (the pot roast cut, cooked according to my Spicy Chipotle Shredded Beef for Burritos or Tacos or see below if no pressure cooker)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded if you like less spice (or serrano)
- 4 (10 inch) tortillas
- 2 Hass avocadoes, diced (do this at the last minute to prevent browning)
- 2 cups yellow rice, cooked and warm
- 2 cups black beans, cooked and warm
- 1 cup cheese, shredded (your choice of flavor)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Prepare beef according to http://www.recipezaar.com/294280 or if you don't have a pressure cooker, don't worry, just use more water to cover beef and simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- In blender combine olive oil, cilantro, orange juice, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and jalapeno or serranos. Blend until combined 30 sec - 1 minute. Reserve, this is the mojo.
- Prepare rice, beans and avocado, and/or any other fillings you prefer.
- Warm tortillas. Spoon in meat, beans, rice, avocado, and shredded cheese. Fold into a burrito. Top with mojo and some sour cream.