Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a spicy, sweet, tangy barbecue sauce that makes the best wing sauce you ever had--and it's low carb! You'll never believe low carb can be this good. Warning: it is REALLY spicy, as most of my recipes are. If you can't handle the heat, cut back on the chipotle powder and hot sauce some, but the heat is what makes it so good.
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup onion powder
- 1 teaspoon hickory smoke salt (or kosher salt, if you can't find this)
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons dried chipotle powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Frank's red hot sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups water
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large (3 quart or larger) non-reactive stock pot. Mix well, then add all the liquid ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 30-40 minutes until flavors are well blended and sauce is thick. Add more water if necessary to adjust to the consistency you like.
- Fill three pint jars within 1/2 inch of rim, clean and seal. Process in water bath canner for 10 minutes. If not canning, pour into containers and refrigerate.
- Makes 3 pints, or 48 2-tablespoon servings.