Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spicy butter is especially good on sweet vegetables like carrots, beets, sweet potatoes and corn. Enjoy! Adapted from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone Cookbook by Deborah Madison.
- 1 large jalapeno chile, roasted (or use 2 serrano chiles or 1 New Mexican long green chile)
- 1 lime, zest of, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch salt (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Mince the chiles with the lime zest, then beat into the butter. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Roll into a log, wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until needed.
first time I've made flavored butter. I wasn't sure what to do exactly so I just let the butter get really soft on the counter then added the ingredients and re-molded it in a container in the fridge. Made for ZWT 7 for Saucy Silverados