Recipe by MommyMakes
A quick, easy, one-dish weeknight meal invented by my mother-in-law. We love this stuff and use lots of jalapenos!! Chicken Spaghetti Texas-Style. The mix of jalapenos and cream keeps it from being too hot but maintains the spicy flavor. We serve with garlic bread for scooping up the sauce and a veggie on the side.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper juice, from jar pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- pickled jalapeno pepper juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim chicken breasts of fat and cut into bite-sized pieces. Saute in a large skillet with butter and garlic until cooked through and browned.
- Add minced jalapenos and liquid. Saute until fragrant and pan is fairly dry.
- Add soup, milk, and cheese. Simmer until heated through and cheese is melted. Add more milk or jalapeno liquid as desired to thin sauce.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles.