Large grilled Cajun-spiced sea scallops served over angel hair pasta tossed with slices of grilled asparagus, chopped grilled garlic and tomatoes and chopped fresh parsley in a cream sauce. Pam web site, if using wooden skewers soak in water at least 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- Pam cooking spray, for grilling spray
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning, divided (Use more if desired)
- 1 lb large scallop (about 16)
- 1 large head of garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 6 roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Spray grate of outdoor grill, utensils and 2 large metal skewers with Pam for Grilling Spray.
- 2Preheat grill to medium heat.
- 3Whisk together heavy cream and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning in heavy saucepan.
- 4Simmer on grill until slightly reduced, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- 5Thread scallops onto prepared skewers.
- 6Sprinkle scallops well with remaining Cajun seasoning; set aside.
- 7Spray garlic, tomatoes and asparagus well with cooking spray.
- 8Grill until well marked on each side; set aside to cool.
- 9Grill scallops about 4 minutes on each side or until opaque.
- 10Pop garlic out of skin; chop garlic cloves and tomatoes.
- 11Cut asparagus into diagonal slices.
- 12Toss vegetables with scallops, hot cooked pasta, Cajun cream sauce and parsley.
- 13If using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 30 minutes before using to prevent them from burning.
- 14Snap off the woody stems of asparagus before grilling.
- 15Use toothpicks to connect stalks and make an asparagus 'raft' for easiest grilling.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Cajun Scallops & Angel-Hair Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (569 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.2
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 108.7 mg
- Sodium 481.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 28.6 g