Recipe by gailanng
A new twist using an old favorite sauce.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Oh, GailAnn, these were soooo goood! Loved the heat with the sweetness of the honey. These went so well with some homemade fettuchine Alfredo! Complemented each other wonderfully! Thnx for sharing! Made for KcK's Forum.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions or 2 tablespoons thin sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, like Franks (Tabasco brand not recommended)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons honey
- blue cheese dressing, good quality
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into 32 1-inch meatballs. Place on rack in broiler pan and bake 18 to 20 minuntes. Do not overbake for they will become dry.
- Meanwhile, combine hot pepper sauce, butter and honey in a small saucepan. Simmer, low, for about 5 minutes until sauce has thickened and has reduced by about half.
- Place meatballs into a bowl and pour sauce mixture over, stirring to coat well. Serve meatballs with blue cheese dressing.