Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Great sports party food, or a light dinner served with white rice. adjust the chilli and cayenne pepper amounts to suit your taste for hot and spicy!
- 300 g chicken wings
- 40 g reduced-sodium tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄8 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Mix water and tomato paste, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar, chilli, garlic, cayenne pepper, cumin, oil and honey. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Place wings in a non-stick oven dish. Pour simmer sauce over chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Bake wings at 190°C (or 375°F) for 30 minutes.
These are spicy and kick ass hot though my chilli powder is a particularly hot one so may need to cut that back a little to suit others more. I did the recipe as is but used 9 wings without tips which weighed just over a kilo (300 grams would have been 2 1/2 wings). I spooned the sauce over the wings and then tossed them around to fully coat and was surprised after cooking for 45 minutes at 175C that there was some sauce in the bottom of the dish but the wings were beautifully moist and fall of the bone. Thank you JennyMidget, made for Please Review My Recipes tag game.