Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try different varieties of barbecue sauce and substitute mozzarella cheese if desired.
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced cooked beef (from deli)
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (4 oz.)
- In 10-inch skillet, mix salsa and barbecue sauce. Stir in beef. Cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot.
- Spoon beef mixture evenly onto bottom halves of buns. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over each. Cover with top halves of buns.
I had leftover roast beef, so I cut it in small cubes, and used that instead of the sliced roast beef. This was very good; the salsa adds an extra punch to the barbecue sauce. I toasted my rolls under the broiler before filling.