Recipe by Sassy in da South
Spicier version from the normal recipe. I normally use fresh pineapple chunks when making this but the canned fruit works just fine too. Also dont forget to soak your toothpicks first!
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap each chunk of pineapple with a piece of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, mayonnaise and chili sauce; pour over the bacon wrapped pineapple.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until bacon is crispy on the edges and the sauce is bubbly.
- Serve warm.