Recipe by SuzanneThePainter
I don’t know about you, but I crave a little more oomph out of my tuna melts. This variety features a spicy Thai chili sauce and freshly chopped green onions to give it a little extra zing.
Top Review by Mika G.
I think this is my new favorite lunch! I crave spicy and cheesey and this is perfect for those cravings. Putting the sriracha sauce and sesame oil in the tuna really gives it a great flavor and takes away the "fishy" taste tuna can sometimes have. I love that I usually have everything on hand to make it also. I think it would be good cold with saltines and cheese cubes. I'm trying that next time. Thanks for a great new recipe! UPDATE: This is really good with canned chicken also.
- 3 green onions (chopped fine)
- 6 ounces tuna (drained, white chunk tuna is preferred)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot chili sauce (more if you really like it hot)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (freshly ground)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 medium tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 English muffins (lightly toasted, Bays brand preferred)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (a mild cheese works best here) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese (a mild cheese works best here)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tuna, chopped onions, hot sauce, mayo, pepper, and sesame oil in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place a medium to large skillet on low heat and add your English muffin halves all inside up onto the pan. Place even amounts of your tuna mixture to each English muffin half, top with one slice of tomato each, and sprinkle each evenly with cheese.
- Cover and allow to cook until the cheese has melted (5-10 minutes).
- Serve with French fries or a salad for a great, quick and tasty dinner treat.