Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in our newspaper, and made it for our Super Bowl party. It was great! I like the idea of toasted sesame seeds.
- 1⁄3 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 2 lbs chicken wings, split & tips discarded
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (or heat broiler or prepare grill).
- Stir together hot sauce, mustard, sesame oil and vinegar in small measuring cup.
- Spoon 1/4 c. of this mixture and the apricot jam into a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Reserve for basting and dipping sauce.
- Place wings in large bowl.
- Pour remaining hot sauce mixture over wings, and toss to coat.
- Cover, marinate in fridge 20 minutes.
- Oven: Place wings on baking pan, discard remaining marinade.
- Bake 1 hour until cooked and crispy; turn halfway though and brush with apricot sauce during last 10 min.
- Broiler: Place wings in pan, discard marinade and broil 6" from heat 15-20 mins.
- Brush with sauce during 10 mins.
- Grill: Place wings on oiled grid, discard marinade.
- Grill over med.
- heat 30-40 mins.
- until cooked and crispy.
- Brush with sauce during last 10 mins.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve with remaining sauce.