1/1 Photo of Spiced Vegetable Stew
Quick and full of flavour, it is missing something though, I'll keep trying. An amalgamation of various recipes. Use green beans instead of sugar snap peas if you can't get them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/2 aubergine, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1/4 red bell pepper, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 lb tomato, peeled and chopped
- 0.5 (400 g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 150 g sugar snap peas
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 pint vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onions for 5 minutes.
- 2Add the potato, aubergine, bell pepper, garlic, turmeric, cumin, oregano and black pepper to the pan.
- 3Stir over a medium heat until the vegetables are covered with the herbs and spices.
- 4Add the tomatoes and stock and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- 5Add the chick peas and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 6Add the sugar snap peas and simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
- 7Stir in the coriander and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Vegetable Stew
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 331.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.6 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: