Recipe by Kim Petro
From the Live Right magazine given out free from ShopRite. Fast and simple! Gotta love it!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced small
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb asian spiced tofu, drained, dried, and crumbled
- low-sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons thai red chili paste
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 -2 head butter lettuce (depending on size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan and add carrots, celery, onion, jalapeno, and garlic.
- Let cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add tofu and season with tamari and Thai chile paste.
- Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add chopped scallions, cilantro, lime juice, and zest, and peanuts.
- Scoop 2-3 tablespoons tofu mixture onto each butter lettuce leaf, wrap, and enjoy!