I have been making this Spiced Tea Mix for over 30 years now, and it's such a wonderful treat that we look forward to every Christmas. I usually make a double or triple batch so I have extra (which I place in decorative jars or cellophane treat bags) to give as Christmas gifts to special friends, co-workers, my kids' teachers, bus drivers, and coaches. And every year I get requests for more, and someone always asks for the recipe. Feel free to adjust the ingredient amounts to suit your taste preferences. Serving size and yield are approximate (as preferences for stronger or weaker beverages can vary).
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until all of the ingredients are well blended.
- Store the mix in an air-tight container.
- When ready to serve, place 3 teaspoons of the mix in a coffee mug and add 1 cup of hot water. Stir with a whole cinnamon stick, and serve while hot.
- NOTE: Measurements are approximate; adjust ingredient amounts to suit your taste preferences.
- GIFT-GIVING TIP - This is a wonderful treat that is suitable for gift-giving. Place about 1 1/2 cups of the mix in a decorative glass jar, a strong cellophane bag, or a pretty holiday tin. Tie a festive holiday ribbon around the neck of the jar (or top of the bag), or secure a pretty bow to the top of the tin. For special touch, attach 3 or 4 cinnamon sticks to the ribbon. Be sure to add a label to the package with instructions to place 3 teaspoons of the spiced tea mix to a coffee mug and add 1 cup hot water.
The oranges, cinnamon and cloves of this Spiced Tea are a delight to the senses, and a wonderful boost to the Christmas spirit, as well. Delicious! Will be making up a batch to give as holiday gifts in a jar to neighbors and friends, too. Thank you, NorthwestGal!
Made this for an early Yuletide gathering with friends & also included a small amount as a 'guest gift' along with the recipe! Thanks, much, for the great gift idea as well as a great tasting beverage! It makes for a very satisfying just-before-bedtime sipper, too! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]