Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe somes from a Penzey's Spices catalog.
- 3 sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs total)
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook your potatoes.
- You can bake them in the oven, you can bake them in the microwave, you could even boil them (which is how my mother always cooked them).
- Once the potatoes are cooked, scoop out the insides into a large bowl.
- Mash the potaotes.
- Add the cream and mix throughly until creamy.
- Add the brown sugar and white sugar and mix well.
- Add in the spices, 1-2 Tbsp flour and 1/2 cup butter and mix well.
- Add the eggs and mix well again.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into 9x9 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine the 1/2 cup flour, 1 cup pecans, 1 cup brown sugar,1/2 tsp cinnamon and 5 Tbsp butter until crumbly.
- Spoon the topping mixture even over the top of the potatoes.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until topping is bubbling and brown.
- Let cool for apprx 10 minutes before serving.