This recipe somes from a Penzey's Spices catalog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs total)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Cook your potatoes.
- 2You can bake them in the oven, you can bake them in the microwave, you could even boil them (which is how my mother always cooked them).
- 3Once the potatoes are cooked, scoop out the insides into a large bowl.
- 4Mash the potaotes.
- 5Add the cream and mix throughly until creamy.
- 6Add the brown sugar and white sugar and mix well.
- 7Add in the spices, 1-2 Tbsp flour and 1/2 cup butter and mix well.
- 8Add the eggs and mix well again.
- 9Spoon the mixture evenly into 9x9 baking dish.
- 10In a medium bowl combine the 1/2 cup flour, 1 cup pecans, 1 cup brown sugar,1/2 tsp cinnamon and 5 Tbsp butter until crumbly.
- 11Spoon the topping mixture even over the top of the potatoes.
- 12Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until topping is bubbling and brown.
- 13Let cool for apprx 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.3
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 90.1 mg
- Sodium 181.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 44.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g