Recipe by Derf
Chutney creates a gorgeous effortless glaze for an Indian-spiced salmon. Serve with parselied potatoes and steamed green beans. (originally revised from Chatelaine mag.)
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil (or olive oil)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney (or your favourite chutney)
- 1 green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450f degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; place salmon, skin side down, on foil.
- Brush tops of fish with oil, sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper, then rub into fillets; spoon chutney over top and spread to edges.
- Roast in centre of preheadted oven until knife tip inserted into thickest part of salmon comes out warm, about 12 to 15 minutes. Chop green onion and sprinkle over fish before serving.