Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a good one for chilly Autumn nights and it's a fairly simple recipe. I found it on pumpkinnook.com.
- 1⁄2 cup ground coffee
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 cups skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- whipped cream
- ground nutmeg
- Place coffee in the filter of a drip coffee maker.
- Add water and brew the coffee.
- While the coffee brews, combine in a large saucepan the milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and 1/8 tsp nutmeg.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until steaming. Remove from heat.
- Divide the coffee into five mugs.
- Add the milk mixture and stir.
- Top with whipped cream and a light sprinkling of nutmeg (or cinnamon).