Spiced Pumpkin Freezer Spread
- Rinse clean plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- Measure pumpkin and spice into large bowl. Add lemon juice. Stir sugars into pumpkin and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Mix water and pectin in small saucepan. Bring to a boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling and stirring for 1 minute.
- Add pectin mixture into pumpkin. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy, about 3 minutes. A few sugar crystals may remain and this is ok.
- Fill containers quickly to within 1/2 inch of tops. Wipe edges clean and cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Spread is now ready for use.
- Store spread in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or in the freezer for up to 1 year.
- If freezing, allow spread to thaw in refrigerator prior to use.