Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light. Nov 2008
Make and share this Spiced Pumpkin Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 cups)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Chill 10 minutes.
- Combine buttermilk and honey, stirring with a whisk until well blended; add canned pumpkin. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 times. Roll dough into a (1/2-inch-thick) 9 x 5–inch rectangle; dust top of dough with flour.
- Fold dough crosswise into thirds (as if folding a piece of paper to fit into an envelope). Reroll dough into a (1/2-inch-thick) 9 x 5–inch rectangle; dust top of dough with flour. Fold dough crosswise into thirds; gently roll or pat to a 3/4-inch thickness.
- Cut dough with a 1 3/4-inch biscuit cutter to form 14 dough rounds. Place dough rounds, 1 inch apart, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400° for 14 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan; cool 2 minutes on wire racks. Serve warm.