Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in Fix-It and Enjoy-It Cookbook. These pork chops are full of flavor and very tender.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 pork loin chops, 3/4 thick
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the first 10 ingredeints (through pepper).
- Dredge pork chops on both sides in dry mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Brown chops on both sides. Don't crowd the skillet.
- Place in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, water, and brown sugar. Pour over chops.
- Bake uncovered, at 35o degrees for 1 hour or until tender.
- I cooked this recipe in the crock pot for 8 hours on Low and it turned out great.
I did the crockpot method & the spice coating "sweats" off during the cooking process & leaves the chops a little bland. The sauce is good, though, & the meat is nice & tender.
What a good barbecue style pork chop recipe. Really delicious and will make many more times. I also only cooked them for 45 minutes instead of the whole hour to keep them from drying out. I don't like celery salt so I didn't use it - don't think it makes that much of a difference because the spice flavor was still awesome. You would think all the seasonings would be overpowering, but the flavor of the seasoned chops along with the sauce came out perfect.
I made this for dinner last night and it was very good! I loved the flavor! However, I put it in the oven for 1 hour and the pork chops turned out a little tough and dry. Next time I will either try them in the crock pot or only bake them for about 45 minutes. Very good though, thanks!!