Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Spicy with Indian flavors!
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 6 cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Beat egg whites in a medium bowl for 1 minute or until frothy. Add spice mixture, peanuts, and sesame seeds; stir well. Spread mixture in a single layer on 2 jelly roll pans coated with cooking spray. Make sure you spread out peanuts on a large enough baking sheet so that they are not touching each other.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until peanuts are dry and roasted, stirring occasionally.
I cut this recipe in half- in case I didn't like it. Well, I didn't- it came out like peanut brittle minus the awesome taste. Must've been too much egg though I used one and half egg whites... maybe a little more brown sugar next time???