Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is s simple and incredibly tasting soup. Every time I make it a little different and it's always good! * Use organic full fat sour cream and smooth peanut butter without many preservatives.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 cups stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large roma tomato
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Stir together sour cream & lime zest, set aside.
- Melt butter in large soup pot. Add onions, garlic- saute 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes & stock.Season with cumin, chili, & ginger- bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover & simmer- 15-20 minutes.
- Puree using an immersion blender.
- Whisk in peanut butter, heat through. Stir in lime juice & salt.
- Dollop with sour cream mixture. Top with chopped tomato & cilantro.