Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Pop this one-dish wonder in the oven for Sunday lunch and you'll be able to relax while it becomes infused with a delicious citrus flavour. Perfect served with cous cous to soak up the lovely juices!
- Place the chicken in an ovenproof dish. Add the orange juice, honey, oil, garlic, coriander, cumin and turmeric and gently toss until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place the orange slices over the top of each chicken thigh. Roast in the oven, basting with pan juices, for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- OPTIONAL - 10 minutes before the end of cooking, you may want to drain off the juices and put them in another pan to reduce whilst the chicken crisps up.
- Place on a serving platter and top with chives to serve. Pour over the pan juices and serve with cous cous if liked.
I put the marinate in a large zip lock bag and kept in the frig over 6 hlours. I cooked at 375*, poured the juice off and turned the oven to 400*(after the chicken was done) basted with the juice. Then the skin was a crispy brown. This was great! My hubby said, it was the first time he really liked the thigh and leg meat, usually he likes just the white meat. Thanks for posting!