Recipe by Normaone
I keep spiced nuts on hand most of the time. They are great in salads and they make a nice munchie. They also make a nice gift.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly oil a foil lined baking sheet.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the ginger, curry powder, and cayenne.
- Saute until fragrant, about 5 seconds.
- Stir in the sugar and honey.
- Then add the nuts.
- Stir until mixture is amber colored and nuts are coated well, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer the nuts to the prepared baking sheet.
- Separate the nuts as they cool.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.