Recipe by PixieDust
These have been a favorite with my friends and family. I make these every year during the Fall season.
Top Review by Aroostook
I really like this recipe! Using egg whites in place of butter/oil really makes this so much sense. Next time I would like to replace the raisins with dried cherries and cranberries just for the fun of it!! Thanks so much for posting.
- 3 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 (12 ounce) cans salted peanuts
- 1 cup whole blanched almond
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat egg whites and water until frothy.
- Add nuts to bowl and stir to coat.
- Mix together sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add to nut mixture and stir to coat.
- Stir in raisins.
- Evenly spread nut mixture into two 15x10 inch baking dishes.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned; stir every 10 minutes.
- Store in airtight containers.