Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Husband found this recipe one day while at work. He brought it home to me and said "Let's try this for Christmas" and so we did. Not over spicy and not hot but you can heat it up if you want to! A very simple recipe to make. Add more or less of your favorite seasonings!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup whole almond
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Put butter in a 13 X 9 baking dish.
- Heat the butter in the oven (in the baking dish) till melted.
- Remove from oven and add the Worcestershire sauce and mix it around.
- Add all the nuts and mix well to coat.
- Smooth even in dish and return to oven.
- Bake at 300 for 15 minutes.
- Remove, stir, even out and return to oven.
- Bake another 15 minutes.
- Remove and stir.
- Mix seasonings together and sprinkle over nuts.
- Mix well to coat.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container.
I used only almonds because that is what I had on hand. I followed the seasonings the way that it said, but there was hardly any flavor. I doubled the garlic salt and the pepper. I added 1 T of onion powder and tripled the amount of the chili powder. This finally gave it enough flavor. They are now very good.
I am making these right now. They are very good! I don't know if they will make it into the Christmas goody bags or not! I didn't use almonds, I used walnuts instead (and also pecans and dry roasted nuts). I doubled my second batch and left them in a little longer than 15 minutes.
I made these for a BBQ and everyone loved them! It wasn't too spicy for me ~ it was just right. They were super easy to make and I know I'll be making them many times on the future. Thank you so much for posting!