Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Make your own Beef sausages for the Holidays! Very easy, and very good! I have had this recipe in my "special" collection-box, full of written and printed and torn-out-of-magazines recipes. This beaten box has been in my possesion for at least 25 years...it's so full, I have to have a huge rubber band around it! Don't know where 3/4 of the recipes came from, including this one. However, It's as old as the box!! *** Don't make less than 3 or 4 sausages, unless you adjust cooking time*** Cooking time is minus the chilling time.
- 2 lbs ground chuck or 2 lbs hamburger
- 2 tablespoons tender cure curing salt (a curing salt...other brand OK, too!)
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jalapeno powder (OR other strong pepper mix,dry)
- Mix spices together.
- Add water to the spices.
- Mix with the ground hamburger, mix well.
- Form into 3 or 4 rolls, depending on how"fat" you make them.
- Cover rolls with foil.
- Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Bake the sausage rolls for 2 hours in oven.
- Cooland drain off any fat.
- (wrap paper towels around them to absorb any grease, after they are completely cool).