2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Patty Mae's Note:
This marmalade is delicious with cream cheese on crackers or a toasted bagel. It also makes a nice accompaniment to chicken or pork. NOTE: Chunk cinnamon is available from Penzey's Spices (www.penzeys.com) or you can substitute 1 4-inch stick of cinnamon, broken into small pieces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place spices in a tea ball or tie up in a cheesecloth bag.
- 2Process ginger and water in blender until pureed. Strain well through a fine sieve, pressing down to get as much liquid as possible. Discard the ginger and reserve the liquid.
- 3Take two of the lemons and quarter lengthwise. Slice the white pith off the core of each piece and remove the seeds. Slice each piece crosswise as thinly as possible, preferably with a mandoline.
- 4Grate the zest from the remaining lemon and squeeze the juice from it.
- 5Place all ingredients in a large non-reactive pan and bring up to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer until lemon peel is translucent, about 1 hour.
- 7Remove spice bag and discard spices.
- 8Pack marmalade into hot sterilized jelly jars.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Lemon-Pear Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (3143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.9
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 185.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 166.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: