1 hr 20 mins
A tasty holiday cake baked in an attractive bundt pan. Don't let the long list of ingredients put you off, it's worth it for a special gift or a delicious sweet treat with coffee and friends!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/8 cups butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, ground
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1Grease and flour a 10 cup bundt pan.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 3Sift together te flour, baking powder, baking sodam saktm cardamom, ginger and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 4Beat the butter until creamy, then add the sugar and continue to beat until fluffy.
- 5Add eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, beating well after each.
- 6Fold in the ground walnuts and and vanilla and mix on low until blended.
- 7Place 1/4 cup of the flour mixture in a medium bowl and add cranberries, tossing to coat berries with the flour.
- 8Add remaining flour and the sour cream to the butter mixture in three additions, blending just until incorporated after each addition.
- 9Fold in chopped walnuts and cranberries (along with any excess flour).
- 10Spoon batter into the prepared pan, spreading the batter so that the sides are higher than the center.
- 11Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 12Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a wire rack and cool for 1 hour.
- 14In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the maple syrup to a boil and reduce to about 1/4 cup. Brush the syrup generously over the cooled cake.
- 15Sprinkle with powdered sugar and decorate with whole walnuts before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Cranberry Walnut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.0
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 142.3 mg
- Sodium 363.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g