Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful combination of fall fruits, and a great new way to do cranberries for the holidays. Found this in a cooking club of America magazine. Look for my holiday menu to find matches for a great holiday meal.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries (fresh or frozen, about 3 cups)
- 1 (9 ounce) bag dried figs, quartered (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder (can substitute ground cardamon)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Place all ingredients in medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium to medium-low.
- Boil 5-10 minutes or until cranberries have popped, stirring occasionally. Cool. (relish can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate).
This was super easy to make and was a big hit at our thanksgiving dinner. I used fresh figs so I cut the water in half; consistancy was perfect. I added the fresh figs about half way through the cooking process as well. Thanks for posting.