Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light November 2004
- 2 cups zinfandel
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 (2 inch) orange rind, strips
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 slices peeled ginger
- 2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- Combine everything except the cranberries in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 15 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken and sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a bowl, and discard the solids. Return mixture to pan.
- Add cranberries to pan; cook over high heat 10 minutes or until berries pop.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 30 minutes or until mixture is slightly thick.
- Pour into a bowl and allow to cool.
I made this for Thanksgiving last year and everyone loved it. Even the ones who claimed they hated cranberry sauce loved it too! It definitely the best cranberry sauce I've ever tasted. I'm planning on making it again this year. Thanks for sharing!
I tried this last year. It was wonderful. I loved the way the house smelled while cooking. Everyone enjoyed it. I'm making it this year to bring to a thanksgiving meal I'm having at someone's home