Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lighter, more refreshing, meal.
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 1 large cantaloupe
- 1 cup fruit flavored yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan; add couscous and cinnamon and stir well.
- Remove pan from heat, cover, and rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and allow couscous to cool.
- Rinse cantaloupe and cut in half; remove seeds and pulp.
- Trim outer skin from melon, but leave each piece in halves.
- Mix cooled couscous with yogurt, peanuts and raisins, blending well.
- Set cantaloupes on serving platter and stuff center cavity with couscous mixture; garnish with chopped mint.
I made a minor modification by choping the cantaloupe and tossing all the ingredients together. It was very good, although I kept feeling like maybe there were too many competing tastes (I used strawberry flavored yogurt). Maybe next time a lemon or plain yogurt would be good, and I would omit the raisins. My guests really enjoyed it, thank you!