Recipe by Daydream
This is a quick and easy creamy egg curry to serve over rice. Perfect for a casual, mid week meal, when you want something on the table quickly, or serve for brunch. You will find hollandaise sauce in supermarkets. From the Australian culinary magazine, 'Delicious'.
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 teaspoons good-quality mild curry powder
- 8 fresh curry leaves
- 7 ounces hollandaise sauce
- 7 ounces coconut cream
- 7 ounces heavy cream or 7 ounces thickened cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock or 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 hardboiled egg
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally (green)
- paprika, to garnish
- toasted shaved coconut, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a pan over low to medium heat, add thinly sliced onions and reduce heat to low.
- Saute onions, stirring, for 6- 8 minutes until softened- do not allow them to brown.
- Add the curry powder and leaves and cook a further minute.
- Stir in the hollandaise sauce, coconut cream, heavy cream, stock and lemon juice, and heat gently.
- Peel eggs, halve them vertically, and pop into the sauce with half the green onions.
- Finish heating through gently, being careful not to break up the eggs.
- Serve on rice, garnished with remaining green onion, a sprinkling of paprika and some toasted coconut shavings if desired.