Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from Dec/Jan TOH. I don't see any reason this couldn't be done in the crock pot. When I make it, I will probably omit the sugar.
- 5 cups water
- 4 lemons, sliced
- 4 oranges, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 3 quarts apple cider
- 1 cup sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, lemons, oranges and spices to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Strain and discard the fruit and spices.
- Stir in the cider and sugar and heat through before serving.