Recipe by txzuckerbaeckerin
This is definitely one of my favorites and I bake it at least once a month.
Top Review by Donna Luckadoo
One word, Excellent! I made a Rum Butter and sugar glaze and poured over this cake while it was still hot. I will be making this a couple of times during this Holiday Season.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix (4 servings)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat all ingredients except pecans, in a medium bowl at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in pecans and spread into greased and floured tube or 9X13-inch pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- If using tube pan: let cool in form for 10 minutes, invert tube pan and let cool on rack completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar.