- 2 cups fresh strong brewed coffee (I use decaf)
- 1 unsweetened chocolate square, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup thawed whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Place coffee and chocolate in a heavy saucepan; cook on very low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring constantly with whisk.
- Stir in sugar and cinnamon.
- Bring to boil on medium heat; cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk and vanilla, stirring until well blended.
- Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into 4 large cups.
- Top with whipped topping.
- Garnish with a light sprinkling of additional cinnamon, if desired.