Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is another of those wonderful fall recipes that just makes the world seem right. I hope you enjoy and please let me know what you think of this.
- 12 apples, peeled,cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cinnamon stick (4-6 inch)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch clove
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and set on low.
- Cook for approximately 4 to 6 hours or until apples are tender.
- The time will vary depending on the type of apples used.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve warm or cold.
I was in search of an easy recipe to make homemade applesauce(I have more apples than I know what to do with!)and thanks to your recipe it went off without a hitch!The only thing I did different was cook it on the stove instead of the crock-pot.I used it in an apple bread recipe a it turned out scrumptious!!Iloved all the flavor from the spices and it smelled so good cooking.I am looking for more recipes contaning applesauce to use your recipe again!!
This was SO delicious! DH and I finished it off in no time at all. I have to say, however, that DS (3yo) did not care for it at all and refused to eat it (that's fine, more for me!). The adults loved it, and it was so easy to make!