Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Delicious, tasty. Great side dish.
- 6 tart cooking apples
- 236.59 ml red wine or 236.59 ml cranberry juice cocktail
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml black pepper (optional)
- 2 slice fresh lemon
- Core, peel, and quarter apples.
- Combine wine, sugar in crock pot, stir well.
- Add apple quarters.
- Stir well to coat apples with wine mixture.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper and lemon slices.
- Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours.
- Transfer apples and liquid to a refrigerator container and chill well.
- Serve in sherbet glasses.