Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This from a Southern Living Cookbook. I've made it frequently when just my wife and I are home on the weekends.
- 1 large baking apple, cored, peeled and thinly sliced (Granny Smith works well)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Arrange apple slices in a lightly greased 1-quart baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over apple slices. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
I liked this enough to eat the whole thing by myself. I used a Granny Smith apple, followed the recipe, and added a bit of heavy cream. I'll certainly make this often. Thanks for sharing. Made for Football Pool 2012.
I'm giving this 4 stars.....I was going to give it only 3 but in rereading the recipe I discovered I made a mistake and only used 1/2 Tbsp. of brown sugar instead of 1 and 1/2 Tbsp! That would explain why I thought it was so sour. I was disappointed in it but now I plan on making it again the right way and updating my review. Made for Football Pool 2012.
This is delicious! So quick to put together, with great flavors. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8