Recipe by Maryland Jim
This from a Southern Living Cookbook. I've made it frequently when just my wife and I are home on the weekends.
Top Review by CJAY
I liked this enough to eat the whole thing by myself. I used a Granny Smith apple, followed the recipe, and added a bit of heavy cream. I'll certainly make this often. Thanks for sharing. Made for Football Pool 2012.
- 1 large baking apple, cored, peeled and thinly sliced (Granny Smith works well)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice