Southern Style Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 -3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled large shrimp or 2 1/2 lbs shrimp (fresh or thawed frozen..we've also used peeled shrimp and it works just as well and isn't as messy t)
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Rinse shrimp and then drain.
- Layer the shrimp, lemon slices, and onion slices in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Pour reserved butter mixture over shrimp.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turns pink and shells start to pull away, basting occasionally with pan juices.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary if desired.
Join The Conversation
This is one of my favorite recipes I have found on here. I make it all the time, but tonight I tried a new way. Last night I prepped all of the ingredients, with extra hot sauce (two tablespoons), but left out the shrimp and I put it all in my crockpot and put it in the fridge. In the morning I plugged it in and put in frozen chicken because we are big eaters. Two hours before we were going to eat I put the shrimp in the crockpot. It was absolutely amazing and took very little effort!!
OMG this was delicious KC! I whipped this up for dinner tonight, and it was so simple to put together. I used large shelled shrimp. The sauce from this is absolute heaven, I think it's the lemon that just brings out just so much flavor. This is a winner, and a definate repeater, I served this with homemade crusty buns to soak up the sauce, and a side salad... what a fantastic meal! thank you so much for sharing!...Kittencal:)