Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe from Food Network Kitchens.
Make and share this Spice-Rubbed Pork With Quinoa recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- kosher salt
- 2 pork tenderloin (1 3/4 lbs. total, halved crosswise)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- salsa verde (for serving) (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Combine the paprika, red pepper flakes, cumin, and 2 teaspoons salt in a shallow dish. Rub the pork all over with the olive oil; then roll in the spice mixture to coat. Transfer to a roasting pan and roast until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 145 degrees F, 15 - 20 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the quinoa and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and fluff with a fork. Toss with corn, scallions, salt & pepper. Slice the pork, drizzed with olive oil and serve alongside quinoa and salsa verde.
I made this as tonight's dinner served with just a mixed green salad. It was excellent on a sweltering Aug evening. It's very simple to make as well as to enjoy. Made for Culinary Quest 2014. Yummy