I prefer to grill the pork in the summer. The salsa is also good with grilled chicken, fish, or shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onions
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 -2 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves (may also use peach or apricot)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1Place the pineapple, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until the ingredients are chopped coarsely, leave plenty of texture.
- 2Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the preserves and season with salt. Serve either a t room temperature or lightly chilled.
- 3Preheat the oven to 425°F Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 4Trim away any loose fat or silver skin from the tenderloins. Pat dry with paper towels. Combine the brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the mixture over the pork and shake off any excess. Turn under the small ends of the pork to make the thickness of the tenderloins fairly uniform.
- 5Roast the pork until it reaches an internal temperature of 150 F, about 20-25 minutes.
- 6Transfer the meat to a cutting board and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Slice the meat and serve with the salsa.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spice Rubbed Pork With Fresh Pineapple Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 122.9 mg
- Sodium 483.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 40.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of