Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Healthy Food Guide, posted for ZWT5.
- 250 g lamb fillets
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup beef stock or 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup red wine, approx
For the mash
- 1 potato, large
- 1 kumara, large
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Start with the mash. Peel and chop the potato and kumera and cook in boiling water till tender. Drain and add the milk, salt and pepper and mash well. Set aside and keep warm while the lamb is cooking.
- Spray the fillets on each side with olive oil spray. Combine the spices in a shallow bowl or plate and roll the lamb in the spices. Rub the spices into the fillets to coat them well.
- Heat a grill pan, fry pan or barbecue until medium hot. Cook the fillets for about 5 - 7 minutes on each side for medium rare lamb. Remove from the heat and leave to rest.
- In the pan you cooked the lamb in pour in the stock and red wine and deglaze pan. Reduce the liquid till it is slightly syrupy and turn off heat.
- Slice meat and serve with the mash and a green vegetable. Spoon sauce over the top and serve.
Made for the ZWT5! This was a really easy dish to make and will definitely make it again. I don't usually cook lamb but this didn't call for much and didn't have me in the kitchen for ages. Thank you for the recipe!! PS. the recipe didn't say where to put the feta in so I just put it in when I added the milk :)