Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A north African influenced quick everyday dinner
- 3 Cornish hens, split lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 5 ounces cucumbers, peeled, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 12 fresh fresh cilantro stems
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Position rack in top third of oven; preheat to 450°F
- Arrange hens, skin side up, on large rimmed baking sheet.
- Finely grind cumin and next 3 ingredients in spice mill.
- Brush hens with oil.
- Sprinkle on both sides with spice mixture.
- Roast hens until cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients in processor.
- Blend until almost smooth.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.
Everything about this recipe was delicious. Now my husband wants all his food seasoned this way!